[mythtv-users] UK retailer of MythTV hardware?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 5 23:32:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 21:20:36 +0100, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I used to build my own PC's, but ill health these days really requires I
> just get systems that just work. But I still hark after the flexibility
> that using >MythTV brings.
>
> Does anyone know of a UK hardware supplier who will build a fully
> working MythTV system?  I suspect not, I've been looking for a long time
> and >never found one, but I thought I'd ask.
>
> Cheers
> Jason

If you can stretch to France I believe Lawrence Rust may be able to supply
a UK-based system for you - see
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/mythtv/cyclops.htm

I've never dealt with him myself but I know he produces many UK orientated
patches/features (BBC iPlayer, MHEG, EIT etc), as you can see from
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythpatches-0.24.tar.bz2. I
use some of them myself.