[mythtv-users] Using xmltv grabber in the uk?

mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 3 16:47:17 UTC 2013

Quoting Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>:

> I'm putting this here because this is relevant to mythtv use, not
> because of any feature (or otherwise) of the grabber.
>
> I'm attempting to upgrade my system from Debian Squeeze to Wheezy,
> and this involves a mythtv upgrade from 0.24 to 0.26.

I too am on Debian Wheezy with MythTV 0.26, welcome to the club, pull
up a chair, there are plenty.

> I *need* a list of channels which are relevant to Freeview and
> Freeview HD in order to be able to match them in mythtv-setup.
> Currently, I cannot.

Not sure exactly what you need but here is my .xmltv file:

OK: cat ~mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
encoding=utf-8
cachedir=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/cache
title-processing=enabled
postcode=CF10
platform=freeview
channel=hd.wales.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
channel=hd.bbc2.bbc.co.uk
channel=hd.central-macro.itv1.itv.co.uk
channel=freeview.hd.channel4.com
channel=channel5.co.uk
channel=itv2.itv.co.uk
channel=bbcthree.bbc.co.uk
channel=bbcfour.bbc.co.uk
channel=itv3.itv.co.uk
channel=sky-three.sky.com
channel=dave.uktv.co.uk
channel=more4.channel4.com
channel=filmfour.channel4.com
channel=really.uktv.co.uk
channel=4music.channel4.com
channel=yesterday.uktv.co.uk
channel=uk.viva.tv
channel=itv4.itv.co.uk
channel=e4.channel4.com
channel=fiver.channel5.co.uk
channel=fiveusa.channel5.co.uk
channel=quest.discoveryeurope.com
channel=challengetv.co.uk
channel=cbbc.bbc.co.uk
channel=citv.itv.co.uk
channel=racinguk.tv

The only regional ones are BBC1HD and ITV1HD, I don't bother with the
SD versions of the HD channels, or the shopping/porn channels.

Cheers,
Tim.