[mythtv-users] Using xmltv grabber in the uk?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jul 3 16:08:41 UTC 2013

I'm putting this here because this is relevant to mythtv use, not because of any
feature (or otherwise) of the grabber.

I'm attempting to upgrade my system from Debian Squeeze to Wheezy, and this
involves a mythtv upgrade from 0.24 to 0.26.

All works well until I come to run a scan for channels, since the upgrade
process 'lost them all'. By that I mean the channels still appear in the channel
editor but there are no transports to match them against. Nothing.

So I try to do a scan and realise that the HD channels are different since the
last time I did it. Okay, get out tv_scan_uk_rt and run the configure option to
find out what the new channel names are.

Can't do it. I either get an option to "configure dynamically" or a list of 337
channels from *everywhere* that I have to guess which ones are right and reply
yes or no to.

I *need* a list of channels which are relevant to Freeview and Freeview HD in
order to be able to match them in mythtv-setup. Currently, I cannot.

What do I do? Is mythfilldatabase now capable of using this new "configure
dynamically" option? How can I select which channels are relevant to me?

Obligatory:
mythtv at ruby:~/.mythtv$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.26.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20130225-1
QT Version : 4.8.2
Options compiled in:
  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
using_libass using_libxml2
mythtv at ruby:~/.mythtv$ tv_grab_uk_rt --version
XMLTV module version 0.5.63
This is tv_grab_uk_rt version 1.28, 2012/06/13 08:06:58
mythtv at ruby:~/.mythtv$

--

Mike Perkins