[mythtv-users] Full screen

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 2 02:41:39 UTC 2013

On 06/30/2013 05:01 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I mostly run the frontend in a window on my monitor, DISPLAY=:0.0
>
> This puts it onto the TV.  Fedora, 0.26-fixes, but it may still be
> usable.
>
> #!/bin/bash
> # Run MythTV front end on display 1
> # For Panasonic TX-L32E5B HDMI1 via DVI-I adapter
> # This is for use if Overscan is OFF
> #
> # It seems that that requires _both_
> #  that the TV overscan is OFF
> #  and that the TV aspect ratio is set to [16:9]
> #  If aspect ratio is AUTO it seems that Overscan is ON
> #
> #
> export DISPLAY=:0.1
> mythfrontend --geometry 1920x1080+0+0

There's absolutely no reason to always run mythfrontend with a geometry
override.  Instead, just set mythfrontend's settings to specify a size
of 1920x1080 (or 0x0 if running on a 1920x1080 monitor/if you want full
screen) with an X & Y offset of 0.

In other words, you should set the settings to tell MythTV what you want
rather than use a settings override on every start of MythTV.

Mike