[mythtv-users] Centos Install - No Audio in mythmusic

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:26:32 UTC 2013

Hi

On Thursday, 31 January 2013, Roy Lofthouse wrote:

> Audio is working for tv and video and both pcm and master are set to
> 100% (I only enabled soft vol for mute as my remote will do tv volume
> only), but disabling "Use internal volume controls" brings the audio
> back.

You're using digital output, you can't change the volume using either PCM
or master mixer regardless.
If you've set "software" as the name of the mixer, the audio will be
decoded, formula will be applied so it "sounds" less loud.

If you're volume is set to 0, you won't here anything, you could try
changing the volume with the [ and ] key (I think they are the default key
binding)

Set it to 100.

There's no difference whatsoever between plain audio and with software
volume enabled. Audio card settings will be the same. E.g if it works
without, it should work with. Unless there's a bug somewhere in ALSA for
your card: like it says it supports 32 bits audio, when it doesn't..
When you disable volume control, and say disable all pass through option
and enable upmixer. Do you get audio then? (This will pretty much force
audio to take the 32 bits route)