[mythtv-users] Need help - partitioning foobar

Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez gran.diego at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:52:46 UTC 2013

Don't run gparted, don't create or format a new partition on the disk,
or you'll lose all your data.

I'd try gpart (not gparted). Check out your package manager, or
http://www.brzitwa.de/mb/gpart/.

Don't know if it will recognize JFS partitions or just show them as
unknown type. It was a long time ago since I had to use it.

Run it like: gpart /dev/sdb, and paste the output.

We can try to rebuild the partition table manually with fdisk. If we
success, all your data will be there.