[mythtv-users] Centos Install - No Audio in mythmusic

Roy Lofthouse lofty69 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:56:40 UTC 2013

On 30 January 2013 01:11, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 January 2013 06:49, Roy Lofthouse <lofty69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone see anything obvious from the logs:
>>

> nothing special there.
> if your mythmusic audio output device is "default" and your main audio
> device is "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0" and you get audio in the test setup
> screen, then it's all good there.
>
> I see that you have software volume control enabled... are you sure
> your volume isn't set to 0 in myth?
>
> JY

guys, thanks for the replies.

Audio is working for tv and video and both pcm and master are set to
100% (I only enabled soft vol for mute as my remote will do tv volume
only), but disabling "Use internal volume controls" brings the audio
back.

I have been using the software option without any issues on my last
F15 build so I'm not sure why it's not working in centos as the
version of myth is exactly the same (soft vol & mute work in
recordings and videos)??