[mythtv-users] Video Scanning Problem

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Jan 29 03:00:17 UTC 2013

On 1/28/2013 21:06, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Alternatively, just always scan from a frontend on the host you want to
> "own" the videos.  (I /think/ that will work to keep them owned by that
> host, but I'm not positive.)

Shouldn't make any difference. The scanner runs through a list of
backends, storing file paths to a map with no checking for an existing
entry at that name. The list of backends is stored in order of
connection to the master backend, starting with the master backend
itself. It pretty much guarantees that in such a configuration, the
master backend would never own anything, and files would just keep
cycling back and forth among the slaves currently active at the time of
the scan.