[mythtv-users] What hdhr software version

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Tue Jan 29 01:21:48 UTC 2013

On 13-01-23 08:48 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>/  On 1/23/2013 08:25, Scott Pleavin wrote:
/>>/  I had to load 1.5.7.0 to get my new HD PVR to work properly. You can
/>>/  find the firmware at the first link below.
/>/
/>/  HDHR...
/>/  _______________________________________________
/>/  mythtv-users mailing list
/>/  mythtv-users at mythtv.org  <http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users>
/>/
/oops senior moment. I installed both the same day. My HDHR came with fw
20120405 and I've had no problem with it. The disk that came with the
HDHR has version 20110729 on it, I can send it to you if you'd like. Of
course the HDHR web site has 201301017

I upgraded to version 20131017 hoping to get rid of the zero
byte recordings but now I am seeing a lot of artefacts in
recordings. I just wanted to know if anyone else is seeing
artefacts when running HDHR version 20131018 and of
course I can not downgrade since silicon dust does not allow
that on their HDHR devices any more.  On the bright side my
zero byte recordings went away but I do not know if it was the
upgrade or something else.
The picture is crystal clear when using the silicon dust windows
applications so I know the hardware is fine.