[mythtv-users] Video Scanning Problem

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Jan 28 08:00:57 UTC 2013

On 28/01/2013 5:33 PM, Kenni Lund wrote:

> 2013/1/28 Michael Watson <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
> <mailto:michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au>>
>
>     On 13/01/2013 8:01 PM, Michael Watson wrote:
>
>         Currently running Myth 0.26 on MythBuntu 12.04 system, current
>         version 2:0.26.0+fixes.20130104.72bca07-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2
>
>         Every time I do a scan for new videos, every video in the
>         database is modified, all that appears to change is the host
>         column in the videometadata table.
>         All my machines have access to the storage location via NFS (I
>         experience choppy playback on many files if I do not have the
>         directory mounted via NFS).
>         There is only one Video Storage Group which is owned by the
>         Master Backend.
>         The frontends Video Storage directory is set to
>         /var/lib/mythtv/videos  (which is empty)
>
>         There is an entry like this, for every Video located in the
>         video storage group.
>
>         Jan 11 01:50:14 tv01 mythlogserver: mythfrontend[1615]: E
>         VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:326 (updateDB) Hash
>         4ccafec1bd127dd6 already exists in the database, updating
>         record 6035 with new filename Pete's Dragon.avi
>

>         Regards,
>         Michael Watson
>
>     BUMP
>

> What is the issue you're seeing? I read your first mail, but it didn't
> contain any questions and I wasn't able to deduce any questions from
> your description. Is the update performed by the video scanner not
> correct?
>
> Best regards
> Kenni

Get a log entry like this (for every movie in the storage group), even
though nothing has changed, other than the host performing the scan.

Jan 11 01:50:14 tv01 mythlogserver: mythfrontend[1615]: E VideoScanner
videoscan.cpp:326 (updateDB) Hash 4ccafec1bd127dd6 already exists in the
database, updating record 6035 with new filename Pete's Dragon.avi

Existing files have the hostname modified, marked as unwatched (when
they were previously marked as watched), metadata is erased, then
metadata is downloaded again for each movie.  Any movie id's that I have
manually assigned are forgotten.