[mythtv-users] Choppy HDTV 720p video

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Jan 27 20:31:24 UTC 2013

2013/1/27 Roger Mårtensson <roger.martensson at gmail.com>

> Since some time ago we've started to get some choppy/stuttering video when
> viewing HDTV 720p material. All recorded on DVB-C.
> Not sure if it was a specific update or if SVT (broadcaster) has done any
> changes to the stream.

You're likely seeing http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11356 .

Some of the Danish H.264 channels also have stuttering playback on latest
0.26-fixes and master. The thread with the subject "Jerky playback on BBC
HD Chennels" also deals with the same issue.

If you compile yourself, you can temporarily revert
http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=3c8d88ac55c2b2c1bc652076d7824529254829a4as
a workaround until the issue has been sorted out in 0.26-fixes.

Best regards
Kenni