[mythtv-users] Jerky playback on BBC HD Chennels

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:51:57 UTC 2013

On 25 January 2013 06:52, Fred Watt <fredwattmythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 24/01/13 21:03, Tim Draper wrote:
>
> Are there any plans to revert this in 0.26-fixes? i too am suffering with
> BBC HD recordings since a recent update.

> I've just been looking at this to see if theres been any updates - none
yet.
for reference of the bug - http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11356

re-reading through thread and the bug tracker info, it's down to ffmpeg....
since i tend to update my entire system rather than just mythtv, is this
something mythtv can help out with, or are we waiting on a fix from the
ffmpeg devs to fix this annoyance?? atleast the 'work around' is to ammend
the recording rules for BBC One HD shows, and rely on BBC One (SD) for the
recordings.
Interestingly people are reporting it on just one channel; BBC HD, i'm
having issues on BBC One HD and ITV HD aswell! (C4 HD doesn't exhibit the
issue)