[mythtv-users] IvyBridge video

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Fri Jan 25 21:29:44 UTC 2013

I'm changing the subject to more closely match this fork of the mythpreviewgen thread, in case anyone goes looking for it.

On 1/24/2013 2:52 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 1/24/2013 13:05, faginbagin wrote:
>> What version of MythTV are you using?
>
> Master. I initially recall having some excessive CPU usage during playback when I first set it up in mid-December, but I honestly don't remember what I did to fix it. It might have gotten fixed by updating the video driver to 2.20.13, or it might have just been a poor deinterlacer selection.
>
>> What playback profile and painter are you using?
>
> OpenGL painter
> OpenGL renderer
> ffmpeg decoder
> Kernel (HW) 1x/One Field (HW) 1x
>
> It's a custom profile, and there's only the one configuration for all resolutions.

Many thanks. I have pulled the GT520. I was wrong about the idle time with it. It was about 45 watts, now it's about 37 watts. I'm trying to stick with ubuntu binary packages. So far, the test HD video plays OK with the OpenGL Normal profile on 0.26-fixes, on mythbuntu upgraded to 12.10, which includes a 3.5.5 kernel, xorg 7.7, xserver-xorg-core 1.13.0, xserver-xorg-video-intel 2.20.9. Hopefully, that playback profile and package versions will be good enough. If not, I will first try a custom profile that more closely matches yours, and maybe compile mythtv master.

Thanks,
Helen