[mythtv-users] HELP: a matter of permissions

Alan Ferrero alanf at tin.it
Fri Jan 25 13:19:06 UTC 2013

>> Hi all! :)
>> >
>> > I'm having problems (among other things, I can't delete files in
>> > MythVideo) with Myth-TV, most likely with the FrontEnd, problems I
>> > believe are due to permissions.
>> >
>> > I'm a Mythbuntu user which, as you know, can be really annoying when it
>> > comes to permissions; the trouble is that when I first installed it, I
>> > regrettably changed the default login name (I didn't know it wasn't
>> > advisable) and after some time I removed Myth-TV and installed the one
>> > from the JYA repo.
>> >
>> > In short, I guess I messed things up a bit! :(
>> >
>> > I don't know how to fix it and that's why I'm asking for your help! :)
>> >
> Your dirs look OK, so it's probably the files within them, unless the
> file system is mounted via NFS or CIFS on the frontend and you have
> differences in the users.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike and thanks for your reply! :)

As a matter of fact, the directories/files I'm having problems with are
all shared on a LAN via NFS: the HTPC is configured as server while my
desktop PC as client.

I usually move files from the PC (Linux) to the HTPC by using my OS file
manager and the problem is that I can't delete those files in MythVideo.

So, what should I do now to fix it?

Thanks!

Alan