[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 12.10 locks up when InfiniTV RTP used?

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Thu Jan 24 16:17:10 UTC 2013

I have been struggling to get my InfiniTV PCI-e to work as a local RTP
client for mythTV 0.26. I am configuring it as a bridged network. I can
access the InfiniTV web page (192.168.1.112) but whenever I try to watch
any program via mythTV the whole system locks up, requiring a hard
reboot. Firewall is disabled. What was real entertaining was rebooting
during a time when I had a program scheduled for recording. I finally
had to give up until a time when it was not scheduled to record
something. I have now disabled mythtv on startup.

Using mplayer with:

    mplayer -cache 8192 /dev/ceton/ctn91xx_mpeg0_0

works. I have not yet figured out how to use mplayer or vlc to read from
the rtp url (I may have to get the tuner in the "play" state before I
can read using rtp).

My plan of attack is to try to us vlc/mplayer using rtp. If that fails,
I'll un-bridge the networks, moving the ctn0 device back to it's default
address/subnet.

Any suggestions or observations are appreciated.

Frank