[mythtv-users] Anyone using a TBS6985?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:06:38 UTC 2013

On 22 January 2013 23:16, stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> wrote:

> On 22/01/13 21:13, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
>
>> I'm a TBS6981 user as well and my experience is the same as Tims.  No
>> problems using the card; rebuild drivers when I upgrade the kernel (or the
>> drivers themselves).  Simples.
>>

> And just to counter that...
>
> Never got mine to work, I use linhes which might be the issue, but after
> compiling and inserting my box stopped seeing the other cards I had in
> there as well.
> TBS were great to start with but in the end never got a working solution,
> so it sits on a shelf gathering dust.
> I was thinking of putting it in it own box, since I think it would work on
> its on, but that seemed a bit daft.
> I would not have purchased if I had realised it was closed source.
> I was going to try the Tevii S480 but at the moment I am just living
> without HD.

my BE is running Ubuntu x64 12.04.1 LTS, and aside from needing 'unrar' to
extract, it compiled without issue :)
also TBS were a bit slow releasing for the first release of 3.x kernel (a
month or two), but i think when kernel 3.2 came out on ubuntu update, it
was next day driver release for TBS. they did do alot of work on the
drivers for 3.x kernel support, so they obviously made it easy for
themselves to update :)