[mythtv-users] Playing Music Streams.

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Jan 22 22:34:43 UTC 2013

On 22/01/13 09:29, Raymond Boettcher wrote:

> You should create a generic error dialog that comes up when a theme is
> lacking support for a specific plugin. No doubt as MythTV expands this
> problem may occur again with another plugin. It literally says nothing
> in the UI at all about the issue. It just refuses to enter the plugin.
> Maybe even a static 4:3 and 16:9 layout that loads if the theme has no
> layout for the plugin or load from "default" theme on failure for
> current theme.

There used to be a warning dialog in the old UI. No idea why it was
removed when things were switch to MythUI. There is a big fat warning in
the log though maybe it was thought that was enough. There is usually at
the very least a default 4:3 theme file to fall back to it's just in
this case it was over looked and only the wide one is present.

> Is there a UI editing tool I don't know about out there or is everyone
> coding these theme's in XML by hand? Nice little trial and error
> technique. Would be nice to use the UI editor in KDevelop.

There is no theme editor so it's the trial and error technique :(

> Thanks though. When you submit it, let me know, I'll go trac it down
> (lol) and download it...

Someone just submitted a ticket to trac and saved me the bother :)
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11369

> Raymond Boettcher
>
> Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Paul H.