[mythtv-users] mythtv-users(SOLVED) Mythfilldatabase returns incomplete schedule data (Patched)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 22 17:41:24 UTC 2013

On 01/22/2013 12:17 PM, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> Raymond Boettcher writes:
>
>>      I actually was running the grabber at the suggested time.  I
>> figured out that it was erroring on occasion because of my ISP's
>> rather slow and non-responsive DNS Server.  So I reset my DNS settings
>> manually to google's 8.8.8.8 server.  This seems to have cleared a few
>> things up.
> I've never figured out why my mythfilldatabase hasn't work in the last X
> months, where X is between 2 to 8.  I thought it was related to
> switching from comcast to OTA, but I don't think it was.
>
> I ended up giving up on mythfilldatabase the other day, after being
> about ready to shoot the EIT data I'd been suffering through.  So I
> thought, lets try that XML pull and see if it works, and then feed it to
> mythfilldatabase and see if it works.  That'd let me at least figure out
> where the problem lies.  Turns out, doing it this way, however always
> works.  So now this is my wrapper:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> file="/tmp/schedules-direct.xml"
> tv_grab_na_dd --days 14>  $file
> perl -i -p -e 's/(channel|id)="I(\d+).labs.zap2it.com"/$1="$2"/g' $file
> mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile $file
>
> Note that I'm not sure the channel id mismatches actually matter that
> the perl line is fixing.  You still get errors about unknown
> channelIDs.  But then, it still works.

*Never* use --file with Schedules Direct data.  See mythfilldatabase
--help.  The proper option should be extremely obvious (and will require
a change to your XMLTV command line, too).  (Or search for all the posts
where I've told people that using --file with Schedules
Direct/DataDirect data will lose information, can cause problems, and is
the wrong option.)

I'm not mentioning the exact option you should use, because I really
want to know if I'm just crazy for thinking the help output makes it
extremely obvious.  (Even when I've told people explicitly that they
shouldn't use --file with Schedules Direct data, they seem perplexed, so
I'm hoping you'll get back to me with a) whether or not it's clear from
the --help output, and b) if not, what we can do to make it more clear.)

Mike