[mythtv-users] Lirc Problem

Andrew Leech coronasensei at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:38:53 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,
It's been years since I've used serial with lirc because it always gave
me headaches... I think you'll be better off with the ftdi one when it
comes, I've just started using a ftdi receiver (homemade) and found it
surprisingly easy to set up.
Compiling from source as you've done should certainly fix most of the
serial driver issues however, that's what I always had to do.

What version of lirc were you using on the old box, if it was older it
may have had some slight config difference (shooting in the dark here
though).

Are you certain you're on /dev/ttyS0?

I see the scripts are supposed to be doing the setserial stuff, have you
verified that it's working correctly?
I'd also check if irq=4 is still correct on your new hardware.
|# setserial -g /dev/ttyS0|
will tell you if the irq is correct and should say if the uart none line
in the scripts worked.

Might be worth checking any com port settings in bios too to ensure
there's nothing set awry.

Good Luck,
Andrew