[mythtv-users] Recent DVD problems with video and audio drops

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 20:17:08 UTC 2013

On 21/01/13 07:51, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> This is most likely a 3:2 pull down problem. Problem will only happen on
> NTSC movie dvds and not PAL.
> The problem is caused when the software recognises that a 30 fps dvd can
> be played back at 24 fps due to the repeat first field flag in the
> stream. When doing this, the software should also change all the frame
> timestamps. My guess is that myth is not redoing the timestamps as it
> should.

It's possible, but I'm not sure.  I tried one of my region 1 DVDs before
that plays back at 24fps and had no issues whatsoever.

If it were a problem with pull down alone, I would expect to see more
playback issues being reported. Of course, an absence of evidence isn't
proof that something doesn't exist :)

Richard.