[mythtv-users] Strange seeking following database crash

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 15:36:34 UTC 2013

Due to a power cut, we had quite a large database crash, which I
repaired with

mysqlcheck --auto-repair --check - u xxxxx -p mythconverg

All seems well, but the database is now half the size it was and some
programmes have odd seeking behaviour.

We don't use commercial seek but do use the skip forward/back all the
time with settings of +30 seconds and -7 seconds. Backwards now often
goes back to the same place in some recordings, which can be minutes
earlier.

Do I just need to follow the instructions for repairing a corrupted
seek table?

Thanks