[mythtv-users] Is there a way of programming recordings depending on which language(s) the audio is available in?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Sun Jan 20 16:21:40 UTC 2013

Per Jessen wrote:

> We've got e.g. "The Big Bang Theory" available in the original English
> (E4) as well as dubbed in German (Pro7).  No doubt it is also
> available in both English and German on the Swiss SFn channels, nor
> would I be very surprised to find Italian and Spanish versions
> somewhere.

Okay, I've now just added Hotbird at 13E to my setup, and this only got
worse :-)  Now I have e.g. "Desperate Housewives" in English, German
and Dutch, "Family Guy" in ditto, "The Big Bang Theory" in English,
German and French.  Some of them on multiple channels, e.g. in German
on both ORF, TNT (multiple), ATV and Pro7 (DE,CH,AT).

I can set up the rules with power search with minimal effort, but it
seems like the ability to program a recording with the language of the
audio-stream as a criteria would be quite useful.

Cheers
Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.4°C)