[mythtv-users] OT: HDHomeRun DLNA beta firmware is out

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 20:02:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Preston Crow
<pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net>wrote:

> On 01/18/2013 02:39 PM, Mario Limonciello wrote:
>
>> from #hdhomerun today
>>
>> 13:31:31<•jludka>  someone needs to get around to putting tuner locking
>> in myth
>> 13:31:58<rhpot1991>  jludka: hmm that sounds like !fun, no way of
>> restricting it to a single tuner?
>> 13:32:09<•jludka>  no
>> 13:32:20<•jludka>  i believe it will always default to the lowest
>> non-locked tuner
>> 13:32:52<superm1>  so the HDHR report tuner usage and myth just isn't
>> taking and of that info into account right now
>> 13:33:37<•jludka>  the hdhomerun hardware allows for the software
>> using it to lock the tuner to prevent accidental takeovers
>> 13:33:55<•jludka>  for whatever reason, no one ever actually
>> implemented that in myth
>> 13:34:21<•jludka>  someone should bribe danielk to write it
>>
>> So danielk what will you accept as bribes? :)
>>

> If I'm following that, the DLNA viewer will use the lowest-numbered tuner
> that isn't locked.  So to make it mostly work with Myth, you can set the
> tuner priority in Myth to be stronger for the higher-numbered tuners.  Of
> course, proper tuner locking would be much better.

So if that's possible, then one could tell Myth to use two tuners on the
HDHR, keeping them locked at all times? Then the DLNA client could use the
one available tuner? That seems feasible to somebody like me who just wants
to watch live tv on his iPad while in the kitchen and has no other solution
at the moment.

> As a side note, the forum at SiliconDust indicates that DLNA mode only
> works for people registered in the beta program, so is that misleading, or
> is there more to setting it up than just loading the beta firmware?

I saw that too and I'm not sure. I'm on their mailing list and that's how I
had heard about the new firmware, and the email implied that I could
already get the DLNA streaming, but it's pretty vague and confusing at this
point and I don't know if I want to break Mythtv to find out.