[mythtv-users] Unable to control PVR VIP2202 with lirc

David Gagnon gagnondav at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 20:56:20 UTC 2013

I all,

  Configuring Mythtv have been a good challenge for me.  I make everything working (including irblaster and mythexport) but to have a better HDTV signal I decided to switch my provider.  I now own a Motorola VIP2202 and cannot make it work with lirc :(

I searched the web and haven't found any lircd.conf for the VIP2202.  I did found one for the VIP_1510 but I'm unable to make it work. From http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/

So here is what I did to install the 1510 version:

I did replace the lircd.conf and restart the service.  To make a test I issued the command
irsend  SEND_ONCE Motorola_VIP1510 power

I got the following error:
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE Motorola_VIP1510 power
irsend: hardware does not support sending

I checked the /var/log but haven't found a clue there ..

If I put back my old lircd.conf and restart the deamon the IR is working.

If anyone can point me where I'm making a mistake .. I have no idea left:(  I'm juggling with that problem for days now :-(

If anyone has a way to get the VIP2202 lircd.conf file that will really .. well make my day .. even my weeks

Best Regards
David
P.S.: My first post just hope everything is like it shall be :-)