[mythtv-users] Recent DVD problems with video and audio drops

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 17:22:26 UTC 2013

On 16/01/13 03:05, Neil Salstrom wrote:
> Recently I've noticed some problems with DVD playback.  It does not
> affect all DVDs but the ones showing problems are unwatchable.  I'm
> using 0.26 (I'll post the version info below) and compiled it as
> recently as this evening (but this has gone on for the past week or
> so).

You could try applying the patch in ticket 11288
(http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11288), which is only in master at
the moment (I think).  It should apply cleanly to 0.26-fixes as well,
though.  I wouldn't expect it fix stuttering playback unless you're
maybe running into copy-protection problems but it should help in
general to clean up initialisation of DVD playback.

If that doesn't help, please post full traces from the frontend
somewhere (e.g. pastebin).  Ideally with -v playback and
--loglevel=debug.  Maybe it's possible to see what's happening.

Richard.