[mythtv-users] Is there a way of programming recordings depending on which language(s) the audio is available in?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Jan 17 08:59:50 UTC 2013

Per Jessen wrote:

> Hi Karl
>
> I see some component descriptors such as:

[snip]

> My Hotbird setup is not yet ready, but once it's running, I should be
> able to get some dual-language programming examples from SF1/SF2.  ARD
> and ZDF pccasionally also do dual-language programming, but it's quite
> rare.  Hmm, wait, "arte" might have some too.

Dual-language programming from "ARTE":

DVB-DescriptorTag: 80 (0x50)  [= component_descriptor]
descriptor_length: 13 (0x0d)
reserved: 15 (0x0f)
stream_content: 2 (0x02)
component_type: 3 (0x03)
   == Content&Component: (= MPEG-1 Layer 2 audio, stereo (2 channels))
component_tag: 2 (0x02)
ISO639_language_code:  deu
component-description: "deutsch"  -- Charset: Latin alphabet

DVB-DescriptorTag: 80 (0x50)  [= component_descriptor]
descriptor_length: 18 (0x12)
reserved: 15 (0x0f)
stream_content: 2 (0x02)
component_type: 3 (0x03)
   == Content&Component: (= MPEG-1 Layer 2 audio, stereo (2 channels))
component_tag: 4 (0x04)
ISO639_language_code:  fra
component-description: "franz366sisch"  -- Charset: Latin alphabet no. 5

DVB-DescriptorTag: 80 (0x50)  [= component_descriptor]
descriptor_length: 19 (0x13)
reserved: 15 (0x0f)
stream_content: 4 (0x04)
component_type: 64 (0x40)
   == Content&Component: (= reserved for AC-3 audio modes)
component_tag: 17 (0x11)
ISO639_language_code:  deu
component-description: "Dolby Digital"  -- Charset: Latin alphabet

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-3.5°C)