[mythtv-users] TV/GUI FE in Window/Fullscreen Mode

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 17 03:05:13 UTC 2013

On 01/16/2013 05:20 PM, doa379 wrote:

>> From: "doa379"
>>>
>>> Will this mean supporting dynamic screen resizing in multiple profiles?
>>>
>>> MythTV has already installed three copies of the FE start-up link. Two
>>> copies start the FE in two different window sizes, the other one
>>> starts the FE in fullscreen, all under the same profile. I just have
>>> to start whichever mode appropriately but can not switch between
>>> screen modes which is something I would dearly like to do.
>>
>> No. That's a problem that goes way beyond the profile and
>> profile-handling code.  It would have to be done by someone doing
>> serious work on the graphics subsystem, mythui, and with knowledge of
>> (and/or a desire to dig around to find) all the fixed-size assumptions
>> in the current code.
>

> So I never asked about that. Switching profiles doesn't solve my
> problem so I see no reason why it should be brought up. FE window size
> can be changed from the command line arguments without changing
> profiles anyhow.

Well, if you're using command-line options, instead of the profile-based
approach I mentioned, you're /forcing/ the specified-at-the-command-line
geometry throughout the entire session (from start up until process
exit), which disables the little bit of dynamic resize support we have.

Apologies for trying to steer you in the right direction.  Feel free to
continue using the overrides.  Perhaps I shouldn't have brought profiles up?

Mike