[mythtv-users] Rebuilding a FE/BE system (the stupid way)

Science Technician SCITECH at combebank.kent.sch.uk
Wed Jan 16 16:37:45 UTC 2013

 Basically I am trying to switch from MythDora to MythBuntu without
using a new machine or any extra blank storage to make it easier.

 My reason for making the switch is that there have always been somethings
that didn't really work well for me with MythDora (a couple of this didn't
seem to work at all however not vital we have gone without) so when I
set up my Myth system at home (having used the school system as a learning
process :-)) I used MythBuntu and have found it much better and easier to
work with so have decided to do the switch.

> It sounds like you have one master backend and no remote backends,
> correct?

 Yes we have one machine that is a Master FE/BE combo.

> If so, then this should be an easy MythTV upgrade.

Oh good that sounds promising.

> If you had multiple backends and are trying to "merge" them into a
> single master backend system, there's a bit more work to do, but all
> the
> above applies, still, so feel free to start on that and let me know
> you're merging old hosts into one and I'll give you the additional
> directions

 No as you suspect it is just a one machine system.

 Thanks for all of that if I get time I might bite the bullet and try
to get started tomorrow as I know there are no recordings coming up soon
and I don't think anyone is wanting to play any recordings tomorrow.

Thanks again,

John.

--

John Mason - Science Technician - Combank School

Registered Charity No. 1007871  Company Registered No. 1067557

***This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager and delete it.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Combe Bank School.  Finally the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Combe Bank School accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.  This email has been scanned for viruses by Sophos PureMessage.***