[mythtv-users] Ceton card not being found

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jan 16 15:12:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM, brendan kearney <bpk678 at gmail.com> wrote:
> While that is an effort to try, and I will attempt it, why do the logs
> indicate an issue with the IP and not with the device file?  If that is all
> that is missing or problematic, I might yet get this working.  Thanks a
> bunch.

Sorry. For some reason your original message didn't show up in my
mailbox, so I didn't see your log, and I saw that you said that you
can connect to the web interface, so I figured no problem there.

Have you tried restarting mythtv after you've verified you can read
the web interface in your browser? It could be a timing issue in that
myth is starting  (and attempting to find the ceton) before the
ceton's interface is fully up and assigned an IP. If you can reach the
web interface manually, I can't think of any reason at the moment why
myth wouldn't be able to do the same.

--
Ron Frazier