[mythtv-users] Missing E-AC3 audio in DVB-T channel

Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez gran.diego at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:33:54 UTC 2013

Hi.

I'm facing a problem in my mythTV setup.
I'm running a FE/BE on ubuntu 12.10 64bits (kernel 3.5.0-22), taking
mythtv 0.26 from mythbuntu repos. Computer is updated.
I have a Hauppage WinTV Nova-T 500 dual DVB-T tuner working fine for
most channels, but one. AMD Athlon II 260, 4 GB RAM, nVidia graphics
card using privative driver.

There is one channel (TVE-HD) broadcasting video in 720p h.264, and
audio in E-AC3 (Dolby Digital+). I can watch it ok, but there is no
sound. If I record any show in that channel, the file has no audio stream.

Menu in live TV shows no audio option. Every other channel (broadcasted
in MPEG/MP2 despite being SD or HD) is fine.

dmesg shows "dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to
the software demuxer." so there should be audio, right?

Anyone knows if's it a problem with my DVB-T tuner (hardware not being
able to receive E-AC3 audio), Video4linux modules in kernel (dib0700,
dvb-usb...) or mythtv's fault?

Any help welcome.