[mythtv-users] The Final Nail in MythTranscode?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 01:44:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Scott Harris
<scott.harris0509 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, since mythtranscode in 0.26 has been essentially useless (to me anyways)
> with every single lossless transocde failing with the "one buffer full"
> issue (http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11090), I have been using
> mythtranscode copied from a 0.25 installation to do my lossless cuts for the
> last several months.  This has been working fine (though for some odd reason
> it fails on all recordings from my NBC station), however in the last two
> days, even it has stopped working.  I get an error "131 error was starting"
> 100% of the time.  I'd love to use losslesscut, however, I am the user
> mentioned in the wiki who has issues with his ABC and NBC stations.
>
> Are there any other options out there?  Even if someone has some suggestions
> to get my 0.25 mythtrascode going again.

As an HDHomerun user, I wasn't able to successfully use the
Lossless_Cut script as it would be off from the keyframes where I made
the cutpoints. I also noticed that I was having significant audio
drift with recordings from NBC.

Still using the mythtranscode from .25 on my .26-fixes box. Haven't
noticed the 131 error you mentioned. I have had a few people mention
that moving to .27 might help as there was a change in the ffmpeg but
I'm holding off on that for a while.