[mythtv-users] Unicable and SkyStar 2

F P zagor.fp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:15:30 UTC 2013

> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:17:53 +0100
> From: Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
>
> On 11.01.2013 12:42, F P wrote:
> > Will MythTV and SkyStar2 2.6c work with a Unicable/SCR LNB installation?
>
> Unicable / Satellite Channel Router / DIN EN 50494 is *not supported* in
> MythTV as of now but there are patches available at
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9726
> Building a patched mythbuntu package is easy, see the second recipe at
> https://sites.google.com/a/mythbuntu.org/website/development/recipes

Thanks, I'll read them thoroughly

> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:08:59 +0100
> From: Warpme <warpme at o2.pl>
>
> On mythtv area, Unicable isn't supported out-off box, but #9726 gives it
> support & pretty stable operation.
> In my case 0.26-fixes + #9726 works in production with very good results.
>
> what is #9726? a patch? I'm on an old 0.23, actually. Do you think it will
work, too?
And how do you actually re-tune the channels? after some reading on the
net, it seems that the channels are set generally at the origin (the
antenna, somehow), and that each tuner actually tunes to one only frequency
and uses the "multi-purpose" tuning of the antenna. Can you point me to an
howto or can you describe how you scan channels and how you update channels
if they change?

Thanks
Francesco