[mythtv-users] mythbackend.log: Recording will not commence until a PMT is set.

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:52:45 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 01/12/2013 07:11 PM, Bill Meek wrote:

>>> And if it helps, definitely try a rescan of your digital sources, too.
>>>

>> I'll definitely do that, but before rescanning, is there something
>> I can dump (and save) to see if rescanning changed anything?
>>
>> Since this only fails at times, I would have assumed (i know) that
>> the existing data is correct.
>>

> Just wanted to report back. I set the quick tune option for all of my HDHR
inputs (total of 7) and then scheduled about 8 hours of OTA broadcasts.  Of
the 13 scheduled recordings, two failed with the PMT error message being
printed every 105mS for the duration of each scheduled, failed recording.

I did not do a rescan since I had added the new HDHR3 when I thought the
HVR-1800 was the culprit. At that time, I deleted all of the tuner cards
and re-added them, at which time, I performed a digital scan of the OTA.  I
did not scan the HDHR-Prime since that uses a cablecard (and I'm not seing
the problem there, although it is used much less frequently).

Looking for other ideas . . .

-- Ken E.