[mythtv-users] Video Scanning Problem

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Sun Jan 13 09:01:19 UTC 2013

Currently running Myth 0.26 on MythBuntu 12.04 system, current version
2:0.26.0+fixes.20130104.72bca07-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2

Every time I do a scan for new videos, every video in the database is
modified, all that appears to change is the host column in the
videometadata table.
All my machines have access to the storage location via NFS (I
experience choppy playback on many files if I do not have the directory
mounted via NFS).
There is only one Video Storage Group which is owned by the Master Backend.
The frontends Video Storage directory is set to /var/lib/mythtv/videos
(which is empty)

There is an entry like this, for every Video located in the video
storage group.

Jan 11 01:50:14 tv01 mythlogserver: mythfrontend[1615]: E VideoScanner
videoscan.cpp:326 (updateDB) Hash 4ccafec1bd127dd6 already exists in the
database, updating record 6035 with new filename Pete's Dragon.avi

Regards,
Michael Watson