[mythtv-users] mythbackend.log: Recording will not commence until a PMT is set.

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jan 12 14:05:58 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-11, at 8:35 PM, Kenneth Emerson <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. The last one happened on 2012-12-29 running: v0.27-pre2-456-g16c178d.
> It was on my HVR-1600 on the analog side. I haven't kept score but six
> times sounds about right. Analog, digital, all OTA, different stations,
> three different cards
> Until this gets resolved I'd like to find a way to keep the WAF from falling. I'm getting 1-3 failed recordings a week from this problem.  Can anyone suggest a script I can wite to monitor the backend log file looking for these PMT messages, and when found, stop and restart the current recording?

This is a total wild-ass guess but do you have quick tuning enabled on your tuners? I have an OTA ATSC setup and get similar issues when I use full tuning but they go away when I enable quick tuning. You do this is on the mythtv-setup inputs screen. Tuning speed shouldn't affect your analog channels so this may be a red herring but it's easy to try and you have little to lose.

- George