[mythtv-users] MobileMyth Web Frontend Released!

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 05:12:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jon, here's another data point for you.  After spending the weekend
>>> upgrading myth from 0.24 to the 0.25 (and Natty to Pangolin), I was able to
>>> give mobilemyth a quick try this morning on my HP Touchpad running Android.
>>>  It had no problem playing a recording for 35 seconds but then stopped.
>>>  The app wasn't locked up and the display indicated it was still in play
>>> mode, but the image wasn't updating.  Perhaps it may have stopped receiving
>>> data.  Unfortunately I didn't have time to do any forensics, but it's
>>> possible my backend was maxing out the CPU.
>>>
>>> -Jerry
>>>

>> Yeah, that could be one of a few things.
>> 1. Player hit the point where the current transcode process is
>> 2. Player is not requesting an updated file list for see more transcoded
>> data is available
>>
>> What version of Android?  Maybe try DicePlayer?
>>

> It's CM9, but I don't know the exact version (Touchpad is at home right
> now and I'm not), but I believe some flavor of ICS.  I'll try DicePlayer
> and more experimentation and have more info for you tonight hopefully.
>
> -J

I'm running Android 4.0.4.  When I playback a video, it seems to run fine
in a small window.  When I hit the fullscreen button, it says "Cannot play
video.  Sorry this video cannot be played" immediately and the screen goes
blank except for that error message, but the audio keeps playing.  If I had
the back button, it goes back to the small play window, the audio keeps
playing, but there is a frozen video window, with the video frame reversed
top to bottom.

I tried installing Diceplayer, but I'm not sure if there's anything I have
to configure.  Just installing it had no effect on playback through
mobilemyth.

-Jerry