[mythtv-users] High mysql cpu usage

Henk D. Schoneveld belcampo at zonnet.nl
Fri Jan 11 20:13:11 UTC 2013

On Jan 11, 2013, at 8:14 PM, Paul Raison <paul at raison.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2013, at 15:13, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> I previously had problem with mysql running at 100% cpu and the mythfrontend becoming unresponsive for 50-60secs. I resolved the issue by changing a couple of tables (think namely program & recordmatch) from MyISAM to InnoDB storage engines. Been no problems now for quite a while. For me the issue started with 0.25 release.
another suggestion, maybe totally wrong, if you're watching top for CPU usage, what does IO% say at that same time. If it's almost 100% you could use iotop -o to see what/which operation is causing this. In another situation I also observed a non-responsive system which was caused by kswapd doing weird things. I downgraded my kernel to 2.6.33 to get rid of it.

Henk