[mythtv-users] Recording multi-part shows

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:36:36 UTC 2013

Hi there,

On a few occasions I've had the problem whereby part 1 of an exciting
2-part show is recorded, but part 2 isn't. Frustrating.

Any ideas on how to avoid this situation (other than buying more tuners)?

One particular mitigation I had in mind seems not to work: I just tried
using mythweb to increase the recording priority of a miscellaneous part
2, and that was ignored. So the base recording priority was 0, I upped
it by 5 but it went back to 0 after I saved. Strange.

Although perhaps this field is a property of the recording rule rather
than of the particular showing. And there is no mechanism for storing
per-showing overrides. So I'd have to use "record this particular
showing" I suppose.

Thanks, Jan