[mythtv-users] STB Power Status

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Wed Jan 9 16:02:42 UTC 2013

A long time ago, I posted a modification to one of the contributed
Firewire programs that added a power status command.  I expect you can
find it in the list archives.

The tricky thing is that the command set that a box will respond to is
inconsistent.  The Cisco boxes from Verizon have a bug where they
respond with good status, but don't actually execute most of the
commands, but the Motorolla box I had from Comcast worked well. There
are separate power on and off commands, and if your box accepts those,
you're all set (I think you'll have to look the command up and modify
the code to send it, though).

I switched to a Homerun Prime when the Cisco box wouldn't work with
Firewire, so this is all from memory.  Good luck.