[mythtv-users] How I solved the no lock issue

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:27:02 UTC 2013

Recently I had the problem some TV channels did not get a lock and I
read on the net, some other folks had the same issue.

I now found out the reason was my DVB-C driver is not able to auto
detect the right modulation.

So I deleted the video source, added a new source and did a fresh
channel scan and changed the modulation from AUTO to QAM256.

It was not enough to change the modulation in the transponder editor
after a channel scan, it needed a fresh new channel scan with modulation
set correctly.

Maybe this will help others too, do not use auto modulation when doing a
channel scan.

I now get a lock on all channels and everything works fine now.

Malte