[mythtv-users] Auto scan of video library

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Tue Jan 8 02:11:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:57 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 1/7/2013 11:28, Phil Wild wrote:
>>
>> So from cron, I can perform a nice /usr/bin/mythutil -q --scanvideos
>> every hour to pick up new content.
>

> Every hour? That's awfully excessive. Why not just run it manually whenever you rip a new DVD/Bluray?

You are right, it is. I run mythlink.pl after every recording to
rebuild that for my plex server and I should take the same approach
with this. I can easily run the mythutil -q --scanvideos after the
addition of a rip and I will do that.

It doesn't answer my question though... How do I trigger a metadata
lookup on the master server after the scanvideos on the master server
completes?

As I know the name and full path of the file I am adding to my video
collection (or in some cases files if it is a TV series DVD), would I
be better off taking another approach?

Cheers

Phil