[mythtv-users] Many icons missing in mythweb

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:49:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> On 05/01/13 02:32, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi list,
>>>
>>> After doing an upgrade to 25.3, many of my icons are no longer appearing
>>> in mythweb (but they do appear in the frontend).
>>>
>>> I have all my icons in two places:
>>> (1) /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/
>>> (2) /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_**icons
>>>
>>> My channels database has the following path for each icon:
>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/**CHANNELICONNAME
>>>
>>> and when I click on the image location in mythweb for icons I can see, I
>>> see this path:
>>> http://192.168.1.101:8080/**mythweb/data/tv_icons/**CHANNELICONNAME<http://192.168.1.101:8080/mythweb/data/tv_icons/CHANNELICONNAME>
>>>
>>> Any idea why some of the icons are not showing?
>>>
>>> For example, I have the following entry for one of my channels in the
>>> database for the icon field:
>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/**kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg
>>>
>>> And I see this on my system
>>> [root at localhost tv_icons]# locate kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg
>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/**kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg
>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/**kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg.**0x100.png
>>>
>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/**themecache/Mythbuntu.1765.**1010/
>>> myth:--ChannelIcons at 192.**168.1.101:6543<http://myth:--ChannelIcons@192.168.1.101:6543>
>>> -home-mythtv-.mythtv-channels-**kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg--**81x61.png
>>> /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_**icons/kron_my4_san_francisco.**jpg
>>>
>>> But I do not see the icon in mythweb
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Following up on this, I tried to some more experimenting.  I moved all the
>> icons out of the /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_**icons/ directory,
>> restarted
>> httpd and the backend and went to mythweb.  Curiously, I still see the
>> icons that I saw before and the missing ones from before are still
>> missing.  When I right click the icon for details, it firefox claims that
>> the path is as follows:
>> http://192.168.1.101:8080/**mythweb/data/tv_icons/fox.jpg<http://192.168.1.101:8080/mythweb/data/tv_icons/fox.jpg>(using one
>> example).  But there is no icon there on my system:
>> [root at localhost tv_icons]# ls /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_**icons/
>> [root at localhost tv_icons]#
>>
>> I tried refreshing the webpage with ctrl-F5 and refreshed my cache, but I
>> am still seeing this icon.  Is there something I need to do?  I find it
>> very bizarre that it is able to load icons that are not in the path
>> firefox
>> claims it is getting them from.
>>
>>  Don't forget this is apache, it has been busy rewriting your directory
> paths as it generates the web pages. It could quite easily be getting the
> icons from other locations. Try doing a 'find' to identify other icon
> locations in your system. Perhaps there are symlinks in your /var/www,
> /var/www/html or /var/www/html/mythweb directories?
>
> --

Thanks, Mike.  this got me to a place to solve the problem.  It appears
mythweb was looking for the icons in this directory (I had switched from
atrpms build to rpmfusion and maybe there was something in the switch that
caused this): /usr/share/mythweb/data/tv_icons/