[mythtv-users] How do I enter video # for metadata lookup?!

Scott Knight scott at scottknight.com
Mon Jan 7 15:36:17 UTC 2013

on 1/7/2013 10:26 AM Andrey Zhunev carved the following into a picnic table:
> Hello Martin,
>
> Monday, January 7, 2013, 7:19:54 PM, you wrote:
>
> > If you hit "I" when you have a video file selected, then go to
> > "Change video details" and "Retrieve Details".  If there are
> > multiple matches, you will be presented with a list of options to select for the video.
>
> Yeah, but if it finds no matches at all - it will not show anything.
> And I have a number of files where no match is found at all. So
> there's no list to choose from.
>
> Previously, I used to enter the number manually and the metadata got
> loaded, no matter what the file name was...
Poke around in that "I" menu a little.  There will be a panel for
something like Edit Metadata (going off of my poor memory here) where
you can enter the number.  The new site to look these up is
http://www.themoviedb.org/ and you will need to extract it from the
URL.  One of my most troublesome movies has always been 300, which is
now at http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1271-300 making it's ID 1271.

After you enter that number in the correct field, just go back and
select Retrieve All Data and it will work every time.

Scott