[mythtv-users] Mythweb: "Play recording on frontend"

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:23:51 UTC 2013

On 4 January 2013 17:41, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/04/2013 04:50 PM, Martin Moores wrote:
> > On 3 January 2013 09:08, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
> > <mailto:jan.ceuleers at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Sorry to bump; people-in-the-know may have had more important things
> >     do over the past few days. Many thanks.
> >

> > Checked this on my system and its working OK.
> >
> > I notice you are a few versions behind on the Myth side of things, might
> > be worth upgrading if you can.  I'm on 0.26 fixes
>
> Many thanks Martin. Good to hear that it's working for you.
>
> I am indeed a few releases behind. Reason is that I can't easily upgrade
> on my current distro (Ubuntu 11.10): it has only 0.24 and 0.25
> available. I'm expecting major LIRC issues when I upgrade the
> distribution, so I don't want to do that unless I have time to fix the
> fallout. Furthermore I want to upgrade myth and the OS in separate
> steps, so I'll first have to upgrade myth from 0.24 to 0.25, then
> upgrade the OS (to 12.04 LTS), then possibly upgrade myth again to 0.26.
>
> Thanks, Jan

Jan,

Yes, LIRC can be tricky, although I recently did the same as you would have
to and went to 12.04 LTS from 11.10, so I could get 0.26 on my
backend/frontend machine.  I did have issues, but not with LIRC.  But yes,
time is needed to recover from any potential issues when upgrading OS/Myth.

Cheers

Martin