Alan groups4 at dancecrave.com
Sun Jan 6 11:56:08 UTC 2013

On 05/01/13 22:32, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:13:40 +1300
> From: Nick Rout<nick.rout at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Acer Revo L80
>
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:49 AM, Alan<groups4 at dancecrave.com>  wrote:
>

>> >Hi All
>> >
>> >For a while I have intended to buy a Revo 3700 to use for a new frontend,
>> >but now when I look online it seems that the current model is the L80 (L70
>> >etc).
>> >
>> >Has anyone had any joy using one of these as a front end (to drive a TV
>> >through HDMI? with SD and HD material)
>> >
> oooh, appears to be intel graphics, not nvidia - no vdpau for you.
>
> Also runs windows8 so should have a UEFI bios with all that entails in
> getting linux to run.
>
> disappointing!

Nick

thanks for the reply.

eeek - well I was hoping to use vdpau! Sounds like that would be buying
a whole lot of heartache.... There is also an L70 which uses AMD radion.
Does anyone have any positive experiences with that as a FE or am I
better off getting a second hand 3700

That'll teach me to try to get my Ebuyer order over the threshold for
free delivery by accidentally buying new hardware :)

cheers

Alan