[mythtv-users] is it possible to configure netvision youtube to identify as an ipad ?

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 16:06:03 UTC 2013

2012/12/19 Alex Halovanic <halovanic at gmail.com>:
> It is true that the user agent makes a difference; it seems to bypass Flash
> and have a somewhat funky layout in my "normal" browsers.  But I found there
> is an (undocumented) html5 parameter that can be sent when constructing the
> player.  This should prefer HTML 5 playback whenever possible without having
> to remove the Flash plugin or do anything with cookies and user agents.
>
> I've updated my patch to include this parameter.  I didn't add this to the
> main ticket yet; I'd like to try to externalize this setting and others, if
> possible, rather than changing the behavior of the page outright.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Hello all,

Sorry for the slow response, but last few weeks have been busy even
though i had vacation.

I've had mixed results with your last patch Alex.

When I run mythttv in a window it works flawlessly it uses html5 to
play the video and no cookies need to be set.

When using my frontend which is always in full screen mode the html5
player starts but displays the message "this video is currently
unavailable"

My frontend is using mythfrontend as a window manager and kdm as a
display manager.
It's also a very small installation, so there could be something
missing that is required for playing videos from youtube in html.
I have used opensuse 12.2 x86_64 on my frontend and desktop.
The desktop runs kde/kdm.

The logs for working "windowed" html5 are exactly the same as the one
for the frontend (ie no errors at all), and no errors in the backend
logs as well.

Regards
Rob