[mythtv-users] Many icons missing in mythweb

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 02:32:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> After doing an upgrade to 25.3, many of my icons are no longer appearing
> in mythweb (but they do appear in the frontend).
>
> I have all my icons in two places:
> (1) /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/
> (2) /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons
>
> My channels database has the following path for each icon:
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/CHANNELICONNAME
>
> and when I click on the image location in mythweb for icons I can see, I
> see this path:
> http://192.168.1.101:8080/mythweb/data/tv_icons/CHANNELICONNAME
>
> Any idea why some of the icons are not showing?
>
> For example, I have the following entry for one of my channels in the
> database for the icon field:
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg
>
> And I see this on my system
> [root at localhost tv_icons]# locate kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg.0x100.png
>
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/themecache/Mythbuntu.1765.1010/myth:--ChannelIcons at 192.168.1.101:6543
> -home-mythtv-.mythtv-channels-kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg--81x61.png
> /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons/kron_my4_san_francisco.jpg
>
> But I do not see the icon in mythweb
>
> Thanks

Following up on this, I tried to some more experimenting.  I moved all the
icons out of the /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons/ directory, restarted
httpd and the backend and went to mythweb.  Curiously, I still see the
icons that I saw before and the missing ones from before are still
missing.  When I right click the icon for details, it firefox claims that
the path is as follows:
http://192.168.1.101:8080/mythweb/data/tv_icons/fox.jpg (using one
example).  But there is no icon there on my system:
[root at localhost tv_icons]# ls /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons/
[root at localhost tv_icons]#

I tried refreshing the webpage with ctrl-F5 and refreshed my cache, but I
am still seeing this icon.  Is there something I need to do?  I find it
very bizarre that it is able to load icons that are not in the path firefox
claims it is getting them from.