[mythtv-users] MobileMyth Web Frontend Released!

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 02:31:55 UTC 2013

Welcome everyone!  I am finally at a point where I am ready to release the
first public version of MobileMyth (http://www.mobilemyth.net/).  It is a
web based MythTV frontend designed to work on mobile devices taking
advantage of the HLS streaming.  This all started a few weeks ago as a way
for my wife to be able to have her tv shows available while feeding our new
born on multiple devices.  I wanted something that was easy for her to use
and I had the ability to easily fix/upgrade.

As of this point, recording and video stream has been implemented.
 Recordings can be viewed by date or show.  Organizing Videos into sub
folders have not been implemented.  I tried to use cover/fan art to make it
all look a little nicer. Like the ipad app, HLS is highly supported on ios
while at the same time android requires a 3rd party player like Dice.  My
Galaxy S3 with the latest update can play the stream in the native player
though.

The site is written in asp.net but is fully supported under mono (and that
is how I run it).  You can find the install instructions here
http://www.mobilemyth.net/index.php/install-instructions/ and will see
installing it looks just like installing a php based site.  You just have
to install mono like you would php.  All configuration of the site itself
is via browser.

I have uploaded a handful of screenshots to the project's site.
http://www.mobilemyth.net/ So you can see the basics.

I hope you find this useful and you can expect more updates over the coming
weeks.  After 9+ years of enjoying MythTV I hope this project is my way of
giving something back to the community.

Jon Heizer