[mythtv-users] Help debugging a consistent backend crash

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Jan 3 16:57:40 UTC 2013

Here is my question. Sorry for the empty message before. That is what I
get for thinking I really know how to use my smart phone correctly...

I am on the latest fedora 17 core with latest updates and running the
latest mythtv trunk as of today. I have a problem that when I exit a
recording that is on the non master backend and it is trying to rebuild
the preview file the master backend will often die. I have it set to auto
start on failure but it is still annoying. A few weeks ago it would see
segfault in the backend log but now I do not see segfault in the log.
All I get is the not able to reach backend message on the frontend and
when I query the master backend status I see it has restarted.
I have compiled with the type=profile option and installed mythtv_debuginfo.
How do I get data to help figure out why my backend is exiting unexpectedly?