[mythtv-users] Struggling with MythArchive

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Jan 3 12:27:33 UTC 2013

On 03/01/13 12:15, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On 03/01/13 12:01, Paul Harrison wrote:
>

>> If the file is an mpeg you could try and force MythArchive to _not_
>> re-encode it which will bypass this step altogether. The DVD created
>> wont be 100% DVD compatible but most players will still play it
>> without problems.
>
> I'll give it a go - at least something to be trying

I should have clarified this by say if it is an mpeg2. It wont work if
it is an mpeg4.

What version of myth are you using? I have a few BBC HD recordings from
Freeview I could try but I only us the master version of Myth which has
just had a ffmpeg resync and so I will likely get different results than
the 0.26-fixes version.

Paul H.